I’m a huge arts and culture junkie, meaning I consume lots of media: books, tv, films, and music. And I’m here to discuss which made my year extremely better.
BEST NEW ALBUM
- Honeymoon by Lana Del Rey
- Empire Vol. 1 by Various Artists
- 10,000 Forms of Fear by Sia
- Emotions by Carly Rae Jepsen
- Beauty Behind the Madness by The Weeknd
Nope, 25 by Adele did not made the list because it was a horrible one. There are a few tracks that stood out but I’d prefer 21 and 19 over 25 any other day.
SONG OF THE YEAR:
- Bitch Better Have My Money by Rihanna
- Take Me to Church by Hozier
- Electric Love by BØRNS
- High by the Beach by Lana Del Rey
- Somebody by Natalie La Rose ft. Jeremih
Played Somebody for more than 100 times in one day. It was an addicting song and still is.
BEST NEW SHOW
- Mr. Robot
- Master of None
The sci-fi show is about 8 individuals around the world who share some kind of skills and can communicate with each other.
BEST OLD SHOW
- Saturday Night Live
- Orange is the New Black
- The Amazing Race
- American Horror Story: Hotel
- Breaking Bad
- The Mindy Project
Despite critics, the show’s third season was the show’s best. The first two episodes of the fourth one are really good as well. The sad winter finale was also a very great one. With 13 episodes left, I hope the show could gather more fans that it could. It is so underrated.
- Before (trilogy) by Richard Linklater
- Birdman by Alejandro Inarriut
- The Matrix by The Wachowskis
- The Imitation Game
- Mad Max: Fury Road by George Miller
Damn, watched this twice consecutively and another a week later. Too cool, man. One for the books.
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- Howl & Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg
- Edad Medya: Mga Tula sa Katanghaliang Gulang by Jose F. Lacaba
- The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler
- Histories by Charlie Samuya Veric
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Leche by R. Zamora Linmark
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- In Praise of the Stepmother by Mario Vargas Llosa
- Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling
Girl stepped it up and made it as warm and funny as her first book. Bitch deserved more.